In this episode, Jocelyn and Brian discuss the story of Pinocchio and his journey to becoming a real boy. There are excellent lessons that we can apply to doing business today from this story—trust, accountability, and sacrifice to name a few.
Highlights and Takeaways from the Podcast:
• Pinocchio struggles to prove himself as brave, truthful, and unselfish. He falls into trouble by listening to the dishonest characters, Honest John and Gideon the Cat.
• The story highlights the importance of accountability, and as business owners, we need people to hold us accountable.
• Pinocchio’s inner circle consisted of Jao, Jiminy Cricket, the Blue Fairy, and Figueroa and Cleo, who served as his advisors and mentors.
• The people in our inner circle should be truth-tellers who tell us what we need to hear, not what we want to hear, and hold us accountable for our actions.
• Accountability is a foundational aspect of building a successful business and requires regular check-ins to ensure everyone is still committed to the goals and objectives.
• Look for little victories in business, which can validate your business or program and show that you are on the right path.
• Accountability is important for validation and achieving goals.
• Trust is necessary for accountability and for getting truthful opinions about your business.
• There are different levels of trust in inner circles, ranging from level one (just meeting someone) to level five (trusting someone with your life).
• Everything is fixable in business, but it is important to face problems and not let them turn into nightmares.
• The rewards of investing in foundational work, such as trust and accountability, include building a winning company, turning ordinary into extraordinary, and having a business that people want to do business with.