In this episode, Jocelyn and Brian talk about the origins of Bricks or Sticks. They also discuss the importance of having a solid business foundation to withstand any obstacles in the path to success. Great takeaways on GPS plans, proactive mindsets, and building your brand correctly.
Highlights and Takeaways from the Podcast:
- Be like the third pig and build with bricks. Meaning, start on a solid foundation so that when unexpected issues like a pandemic come up, you might lose a brick or two, um, but you do not get blown away.
- Follow your plan for success like you’d follow a GPS to get to a destination. Take it mile by mile and don’t make wrong turns!
- Comfort is not your friend. It may take longer to build a house of bricks versus a house of straw, but it will protect you better.
- Burn your boats. When you’re all in on your goal, there is no backup plan. If you fall, there is no other choice but to get back up.
- Have people in your corner holding you accountable. They make up part of your foundation that will protect you from the Big Bad Wolf.
- When you see cracks in your foundation, get right to work on patching them up. Be in tune with what is going wrong so you can manage that inevitable stress.
- Be proactive, not reactive. Fix the leaky faucet before it becomes a flood.