In this episode, Turning the ordinary into extraordinary, dealing with difficult bosses and employees, and having the right advisers/mentors were just a few of the topics discussed with top business expert Andrew Sherman in this episode of Bricks or Sticks. He always gives our listeners great advice!
Highlights and Takeaways from the Podcast:
- Like Cinderella, entrepreneurs have to deal with a lot of doubt and negativity from naysayers. Just as the princess takes the risk of going to the ball, we take the road less traveled in business.
- Every business owner needs a fairy godmother of some kind, like a mentor or a coach. But there is nothing magical when it comes to being successful in business. Utilize resources to get the ball rolling, but don’t wait for someone to come and save you.
- Disengagement in the workplace is at an all-time high. Just as the fairy godmother did to the pumpkin carriage, small business owners must turn the ordinary into extraordinary within their culture to get the best out of their employees.
- Don’t let evil stepmothers ruin the culture of your business. Peer relationships and recognition can be the difference between high performance and disengagement.
- Find a way to stand out at the ball. Be authentic on social media. It will create the same genuine connection between you and your audience that led to a happily ever after for Cinderella and Prince Charming.
- A business owner is both the princess and the maid in rags. Be willing to humbly put in the work on both ends of the spectrum.
- Success always takes a little bit of luck. Have some faith that your glass slipper will find its way back onto your foot.